Monday 10 September 2018

Artist in residence, Gibb's farm Ngorongoro safari 2018

#Repost @mapspangan 

・・・
July 20, 2018
Dullah Wise - Painter

Thank you so much for sharing your talent and your story! You are very inspiring and very talented! 

I hope I can become as good as you are in painting I can probably say that this is the first painting I’ve commissioned an artist to make and it feels very personal to me. I think this is how I’ll be collecting paintings from now on something with a story behind it. 
The story behind this painting is that I took the photo of a lion in the Masai Mara in Kenya. 
I’d like to believe it’s my best photo yet in my entire safari adventure and I wanted to find the best way to immortalize it somehow. 
I then stumbled upon Dullah Wise’s gallery here in Gibb’s Farm, Tanzania and saw his beautiful paintings. I believe his style spoke to me as I really appreciate impressionist paintings. I loved the way he painted, the colors, the textures, it just felt so alive and unique! 
I then met him and asked if he could paint my Lion, and so he did. As he painted my Lion, I sat down and listened to his amazing story and learned a lot from him. As he would also say, he continues to keep learning and keep improving and he enjoys meeting people from different backgrounds and learns from their stories. 
My greatest learning from him is to keep your drive and determinination as you pursue your passion. 
Dullah may not have been able to get his international scholarship back then but that didn’t stop him from keeping on painting and improving. And now he’s exhibited his paintings all over the world! 
This painting will be special to me because of the inspiring story behind the artist. Thank you once again @dullahwise !! #painter #dullahwise #lion#painting #fujifilm

No comments:

Post a Comment